Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Burlesque Theater Seats for Second Life

I finished a new major project for Second Life yesterday: a set of theater seats that I made, first for a friend who runs a burlesque theater, and then to sell. 

My seats have simple animations for male and female sitting, with several options for each. They've also been configured in a way that uses the fewest scripts, which means that lag will be reduced significantly—which in a theater is vital, especially when trying to watch avatars dancing. The lag from having many avatars together can make it difficult for computers to render even the most basic movement, let alone elaborate dances. This should be a worthwhile upgrade for any theater owner.

Also, at my friend's theater the burlesque dancers do lapdances for the lucky fellows in the front row.
For a long time, the system they have used to do these has been awkward and sometimes less-than-smooth, involving the spontaneous appearance of poseballs over the avatars in those seats. I installed the option directly into a special set of seats, allowing them to click directly on the seat to perform them—and while I was at it, I set up three sequences, each with 3–4 different animations, all lasting longer than 2 minutes. This way, the dancers simply jump on the chair and choose their sequence, and they don't have to worry about selecting any poses beyond that.

Initial release includes two color schemes. The mesh template came with a lovely texture, that has an aged look to it; I released a version with this, calling it Antique Amber. My dear friend Cara also made a texture for me, in a stunning looking charcoal; this one I've called Gothic Gray. I'm working on another set of textures I'm calling Royal Red (which is a rich red velvet cushion atop gilded wood); and a fourth may be in the works in blue.


The seats are available in the Second Life Marketplace now:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post ads or links to retail sites, unless the product linked to is referred to in my post. Also, please keep the tone civil and respectful.