Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Review: Doc Johnson Violet Gems Glass Wand



I've had my eye on glass toys for a while; until recently, however, I hadn't had a chance to try one out. This one, the Black Rose Violet Gems Wand from Doc Johnson, came as a gift from a reader! (Thanks so much, reader!!)

What's so appealing about glass toys? Well, for starters, they offer a totally different texture and feel than silicone or plastic ones; they are more rigid, firm, and inflexible (for obvious reasons) than any of the others. They are also oh-so-slippery; I'll comment more about this in a sec. Another intriguing feature is that they allow more creative options, like heat and cold (soak it in hot water for heat; put it in the fridge for cold), which can be stimulating in new and, frankly, thrilling ways. After trying this one out, I can assure you that this won't be my last glass toy.

This Wand is fairly large; as you can see from the picture, there are four "knobs" formed into it, and my husband was able to work the third knob into me, but much more was uncomfortable. There's plenty of wand here for even the hungriest of holes. In spite of its length, it's nicely tapered and not too thick; the base/end is easy to grasp and comfortable in the hand, too.

We tried it out first when he was going down on me, after he had already gotten going for a few minutes. Without any additional lube, it slipped in easily—glass, of course, being an already fairly slick surface, all the more when mingled with spit and other juices. Once inside me, it felt wonderful! the different texture from the other toys I'm used to was a welcome variation, and the different sizes of the shaft gave it a nice contour. I was already on the way to an orgasm, but the Wand definitely helped things along.

Another time I gave it a go by myself, and this time I heated it up by running hot water over it for a few minutes. A quick swipe of Gun Oil across my lips gave it all the help it needed, and in it went—I have a feeling I could have just licked it, and that might have been enough lube. The heated glass was a surprising change; very different from the "warming" lubes I've tried, but a similar effect of making all of the stimulation a little embellished. I usually like a little vibration in my inserted toys, or the ability to move against it more myself (as in, mounting it on a hard surface, such as in the shower), but I was able to get off with the Wand and a bit more wrist activity than I'm used to.

The base of this toy looks wide enough in diameter to fit into some harnesses; however, the protruding "gem" mounted in the back may prevent this from working effectively, as it did with my favorite harness. Also, because of the weight of the Wand (and caution about the materials its made of), I would urge you to be very careful about using this in any sort of harness, unless you are absolutely certain it won't fall out. And, given the length (and my own experience about its capacity for uncomfortably deep penetration), be extra-careful not to be too rough with it, in a harness.

Being glass, of course, means that this toy is 100% non-latex and is phthalate free, and thus hypoallergenic. Also, because it's glass, it's super-easy to clean, and it's even labeled as dishwasher-safe (which, because of the presence of kids in our home, we won't be testing out). This Wand is borosilicate glass, which is the same kind of glass as the Pyrex measuring cup or casserole dish in your kitchen—which means, it's tough and can withstand variations in temperature very well, but it can still break. If your toy chips or cracks at all, I highly recommend that you stop using it immediately to avoid severe injury.

An important disclaimer: despite what the Amazon listing says, this is NOT a butt plug; please don't try to use it as one! It is way too long to be used safely in the manner that a butt plug typically is—that is, inserted all the way to the base. This toy is best classified as a "probe" which means among other things that, yes, it can be used for anal play, but isn't intended for that sole purpose.

Overall, I like the Black Rose Violet Gems Wand a lot, and foresee it coming out of the toy box fairly regularly. I give it four and a half out of five "Os," holding back the one "O" because of the gem in the end which keeps me from using it in my harness. Apart from this, the Wand is a great, fun new toy! Thanks again to my generous reader who sent it along. (And if you like this review, check out all of My Reviews.)

Buy the Doc Johnson Black Rose Violet Gems Glass Wand:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post ads or links to retail sites, unless the product linked to is referred to in my post. Also, please keep the tone civil and respectful.