Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: Gun Oil H2O

We all use lubes, and everyone has their favorite. My current favorite is Gun Oil H2O, the water-based version of the original Gun Oil.

According to the Gun Oil website, our boys serving in Kuwait used CLP liquid, issued for maintaining their weapons, for certain non-sanctioned uses (read: beating off). The founder of the Gun Oil company created an adaptation of CLP liquid that was safer and more user-friendly, and the first product was launched.

Since then, they've developed a handful of great lubricants, including the H2O formula that I like the most. (They also have a few other products besides lubricants.) They market themselves as lubricants for men, but obviously many men need and want to use their lubricants with women, right? That's how I learned about Gun Oil and Gun Oil H2O — my hubby brought some home one night, and who was I to argue?

We've tried several of their lubes, and all of them work great. The original formula is especially great for the pool or the hot tub; it is silicone-based, and won't wash off easily. You get the fun of water and the benefit of a lube!

But here's why I love the H2O formula: because it is water-based, clean up is so much easier. Often I would find that silicone-based lubes would hang around, you know, for a long time after I was done. After some intense anal sex, even a hot shower wouldn't give immediate results; I would lather and rinse three or four times before my crack was lube-free.

It's also great for quickies, when clothing is a concern: once I visited my hubby at work, and we decided to sneak into the men's room for a little fun. I pulled my 4-oz. bottle of Gun Oil H2O out of my purse, and we got right down to business, mostly-dressed. Sure, we got a little on his pants and on my dress, but it dried up quickly with no stains.

Unlike most water-based lubes that I've tried, Gun Oil H2O isn't sticky or slimy, but it does a great job. It's safe for ALL toys (silicone-based lubes can damage some toys), and a bottle lasts a (relatively) long time. It doesn't taste great, but it doesn't taste bad, either — which cannot be said about the original formula, by the way.

In terms of rating, I give Gun Oil H2O 4 out of 5 "Os"; if they offered a version that was nicely-flavored (mmm, maybe mint?), I would give it the 5th "O". (And if you like this review, check out all of My Reviews.)

Buy Gun Oil H2O:

Gun Oil H2O, 4-Ounce Bottle
Gun Oil H2O, 8-Ounces Bottle
Gun Oil H2O, 16-Ounce Bottle
Gun Oil H2o 32oz Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post ads or links to retail sites, unless the product linked to is referred to in my post. Also, please keep the tone civil and respectful.